Tuesday, June 3, 2008

I love being a mom

mylovemuchblinkie

On days like today I love being a mom. I got to wake up to a cooing and talking baby who was laying in his crib waving his arms and legs like a maniac. I also got to wake up to my 22 month old who managed to actually leave her jammies on for once...but also managed to take her diaper off. And pee all over her bed, blanket, pillow, stuffed animals and self. Oh yes, motherhood is never boring. So I got Phoenix up and put him in his bouncy seat since he was so happy. Then I got Zadie up, cleaned her up and dressed her and started on the laundry. Then I made my coffee in the hopes that I'd get a cup while it was hot.cn_needcoffee Then I changed Phoenix's poopy diaper and made Zadie her juice and toast. Then I poured my coffee. I got about half a cup before Phoenix decided he was hungry and started crying. Yeah, so 1/2 a cup of hot coffee sure beats no hot coffee!coffee Currently I've bribed Zadie with cheese and a video so she is quietly sitting in the rocking chair and Phoenix is sleeping on my bed. We'll see how long that lasts. He'll probably wake up just because I wrote that.
hellokittyblinkie Let's see, what else can I tell you? We went to the Zoo on Saturday...that was lots of fun. Phoenix slept most of the time (except for one crying spell because he was hot and tired and hungry). Zadie was a blast. She was full speed ahead the whole time. She was so excited that she couldn't really hold our hands and walk with us and she REALLY couldn't sit in the stroller. She just wanted to RUN from one animal to the next.Animal_loverblinkie So one of us would keep track of Phoenix and the storller and the other would chase after her. I took a lot of pictures with my SLR but I won't have them back until this weekend I think. I'll be sure to post them when I get them back.
Saturday night Brett came down with a fever and spent all of the weekend and most of yesterday sick...I'm PRAYING that the kids don't get it. So far they seem ok. I'm not sure what he had...no runny nose or anything, just a fever. So needless to say the house stayed trashed all weekend. Usually on the weekends one of us will clean while the other one deals with the kids (since there is always one that needs something). That didn't happen, but last night I picked up the house and Brett cleaned the kitchen really really well.lovehusbandblinkie I love having it clean, but I hate that it means going to bed at midnight in order to have the time to get anything like that done. Ugh. Today I am ok, but I'll probably pay for it later this week.
I got a notice in the mail yesterday saying that we *should* get our stimulus check by friday. I really hope so...I'm excited to get the camera.
Ok, so Zadie just came and got me and told me that she wanted to "hold teddy bear". She meant my 31 year old teddy bear that is up on a shelf (he's in bad shape and may fall apart any second). Yes...I got him for my first birthday and he's very precious to me. His name is Polo...which is where my cat got his name. So currently she is walking around the house hugging Polo and saying "Hi teddy bear! Hi teddy bear!".truelove_1blinkie I'm a little stressed about this, but I WANT my daughter to love my teddy at the same time. Shoot...wish I had a camera to get a picture of her with Polo.loved_1blinkie
Ok, I guess that's about it for now. I'll write again soon!

baby Harley
snuggle help4 snuggle help3

**I have a video of Phoenix's birth...if you want to see it let me know and I'll add you to the special protected list (if I know and trust you). It's about as modest as possible for being the birth of a baby but I'd rather not let any guys see it. Anyway, let me know :happy:**

No comments: